Are Your Email Subscribers Ignoring Your Messages?
If you’re like many pool and spa companies we’ve chatted with in the past, you may have low email open rates and read-through statistics. New data about email subscribers has revealed why people are ignoring your messages yet stay subscribed.
First, some good news. Data has shown that unsubscribe rates are an abysmal 0.25 percent.
But the fact of the matter is that many of your messages may go unopened and are being sent straight to the subscriber’s digital trash bin.
Why Email Subscribers Aren’t Unsubscribing
Research conducted by Emailmonday and Zettasphere has provided a glimpse into why people aren’t opting out from your pool and spa emails. This is what they found:
- Sometimes the email offers interest a subscriber (37 percent)
- The subscriber thinks he or she may shop with you again (24 percent)
- The subscriber couldn’t be bothered to unsubscribe (21 percent)
- The subscriber fears he or she may miss a service notification (7 percent)
- The subscriber doesn’t trust the opt-out process (6 percent)
- The subscriber simply doesn’t know how to do so (5 percent)
Yes Lifecycle Marketing also recently posed a similar question: Why are consumers staying subscribed to emails they don’t read?
- The subscriber reads the subject line and then decides whether he or she wants to open it (42 percent)
- The subscriber likes to receive free things on his or her birthday, anniversary, etc. (32 percent)
- The subscriber doesn’t open the email ever (24 percent)
- The subscriber is too busy to hit unsubscribe (18 percent)
- The subscriber can’t find the unsubscribe button (15 percent)
- The subscriber unsubscribes from emails they don’t read (14 percent)
- The retailer asks too many questions prior during the unsubscribe process (12 percent)
Key Takeaways from the Email Subscriber Surveys
The latter research highlights the importance of having a clear and catchy headline. Time and time again data has told us just how important a headline is when it comes to whether a subscriber will open your message or leave it sitting unopened in his or her inbox.
Another important takeaway is that people are remaining subscribed to your emails because they truly are interested in what you have to offer. The problem is that the email subscriber may not at that moment be prepared to take the next step (like contacting your pool design team to start building their dream pool).
This is why Pool Marketing Site’s Email Drip Campaigns have been so successful for our clients. We take a step-by-step approach when sending emails out to your email subscribers, taking cues from their actions and interests and using those cues to create an effective seemingly custom email marketing campaign for each recipient.
We offer an array of email marketing solutions including spa/hot tub email campaigns, above pool email campaigns and in-ground pool campaigns. Contact us online or give us a call today to discover how our email campaigns can increase lead and customer conversions at (281) 569-4370.
About Small Screen Producer
Small Screen Producer is dedicated to create and optimize your company’s total online presence. As a leading innovator of digital media marketing since 2008, we have the experience to capitalize on your unique strengths to help your business succeed. Our goal is to help you Position, Pursue, Promote, and Protect your business. We offer a complete line of digital marketing solutions to get this done. They include website design, Google Ad services, Facebook and Instagram Ad services ,website lead capture tools and automation, social media marketing, reputation management, technical services, , graphic design, video production and monthly service plans. We take your online marketing and advertising off your to-do list, so you can focus on your core business.
Contact us today to learn more about boosting your company’s revenue through our four pillars of success that will Position, Pursue, Promote, and Protect your business.