When people talk about online reviews, Google is likely what first comes to mind. As it turns out, Yelp reviews for pool companies may be just as – if not more – influential. In fact, one study by FreshChalk showed that Yelp reviews appear in the top 5 results for 92 percent of local Google queries.
A Yelp-commissioned study carried out by Survey Monkey involving more than 6,000 adult reviewers revealed that 97 percent of adults will do business with a company they find on Yelp. 93 percent of the same respondents also said that they use Yelp to compare businesses before making a purchase decision.
More Important Highlights from the Study
The study also found that people who read online reviews on Yelp have a high purchase intent.
- 51 percent made a purchase within a day
- 90 percent made a purchase within a week
- 98 percent made a purchase within a month
These numbers have increased since a 2016 Nielsen study where only 42 percent said they’d make a purchase within a day, 79 percent within a week, and 92 percent of respondents “sometimes, frequently or almost always” made a purchase after visiting Yelp.
Online Reviews Not the Only Information Consumers Value
Having a solid star rating and glowing reviews is one thing. The study’s respondents also shared that they were looking for other key pieces of company information, including:
- If the business has a trade or business license (75 percent of respondents)
- If the business makes it easy to request a price estimate online (71 percent of respondents)
- If the business has posted images of completed projects and their cost (69 percent)
- What makes the business unique, such as being family-owned or having multiple locations (58 percent)
Attract and Keep Loyal Customers with Pool Marketing Site
You’ve spent a lifetime building your pool company’s positive image. Don’t let a bad online review tear you down. Call Pool Marketing Site today to chat with a digital media marketing consultant about your reputation management options at (281) 569-4370.